DELEGATIONS - 1996
1. RAVI PILLAY AND ANN McKAY - SPEAKERS AT INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE IN OSKARSHAMN
2. CARL BLOOM, SVEN AKE JOHANSSON AND EVA CHATTINGIUS
3. JOHN GREEN, ( PASTOR) GABRIELLE CELE ( PORT SHEPSTONE COUNCIL - LIBRARY), LATE SAGIE NAIR ( TEACHER - MARSEC AND SADTU MEMBER) AND THEMBI KHAWULA- LIBRARY TEACHER AT OLWANDLE HIGH ( THE BEGINNING OF A RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS SCHOOL AND PRESENTLY DIRECTOR OF HCM - HEAD OF MUSEUM SERVICE)
4. TORMOD NESSET- OSAK CHAIRMAN THEN AND NOW, LOTTA LINDGREN ( PRESENT PRINCIPAL OF KRISTENBERG SCHOOL) AND HAKAN.
5. JOHN HARRISON- ZIPHAKAMISA, PRESENTLY RETIRED IN CAPE, IDA PETERSON - SOCIAL WORKER, MYRTHLE VAN HEERAN ( TEACHER AND STILL AT MERLEWOOD PRIMARY SCHOOL) AND ZINDILE MZINDLE - DEVELOPMENT WORKER FOR A PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED ORGANISATION- NO LONGER A PORT SHEPSTONE RESIDENT.
During the early period, upon every delegation's return, the previous delegation accepted leadership in preparing and assisting the next delegation. There was always wide consultation and consensus. Demographics of region , wide representation from NGO's, involvement and empowering of municipal staff and employees were some selection criteria considered . Gulshera